Hello and welcome back to my blog.
In starting a new story many new authors – myself included – might be a little nervous in wondering how it will be received. Questions might go through your head like:
- Will it sell?
- will I get torn apart in reviews?
All of these might get you to not even bother starting your book. So here is some advice in getting started.
- Don’t worry about what others think. At least not too much. If you go through life worrying about what others think you will live your whole life in vain.
- Better to try than never know whether or not you could have made it.
- If you’re not sure which story to start with, take some story ideas that you have and show them to some trusted friends, ones who will give honest feedback and then ask them which story idea is best. This might seem contradictory to the first statement but it isn’t. Here you’re not really worrying about what others think you’re just getting an opinion or advice. The key here is YOU still get to make the decision.
- Go with your gut as to what you feel is the best thing for you.
I hope this helps. Make it a great day.